French Settlement, LA
The Creole House Museum was built in 1898 by Alexander Lambert and his son Harris for his daughter Louisa, who was married to Alexander Decareaux. The house is made out of cypress and is typical of the dwellings built in the area during the late 1800s. The house was later purchased by the Village of French Settlement and used as its Town Hall until the new Town Hall was built. The French Settlement Historical Society took over maintenance of the house in 1977 and turned it into a museum. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.